Prior to the start of the university courses, Trier University offers a three and a half week long orientation programme. This is a comprehensive and varied orientation course that will facilitate your getting to know Trier University and becoming familiar with the City of Trier. Participation in the orientation programme is optional but is strongly recommended.
The orientation programme has four main components:
- German class
- Taking care of important administrative formalities
- Diverse information events about studying
- Social and cultural programme
The complete schedule will be announced on the first day of the orientation programme.
The German course takes place on Monday to Friday mornings (a total of about 50 lecture hours). All instructors come from the department German as a Foreign Language (Deutsch als Fremdsprache – DaF). After a placement test you are assigned to a course according to your language skills (A2-C1). Each course has 15 to 20 participants.
Student tutors will be with you during the orientation programme and will help you take care of administrative formalities.
- You will obtain your TUNIKA (student ID)
- Registering with the residents‘ registration office of the city of Trier
- Applying for a residence permit at the Amt für Ausländerangelegenheiten
All you have to know: Information concerning
- Studying at Trier University
- Recreational activities - student initiatives present their offering
- Student dormitories
Registering for the orientation programme
Please use the “Anmeldeformular für das Einführungsseminar” (Registration form for orientation programme) in our Bewerbungsportal (online application portal) under “Verfahren” (procedures) to register for the orientation programme.
Participation in the orientation program costs approx. 200 euros.
Impressions on the orientation programme
Please click here to see a video on the orientation programme.