Some of our ERASMUS exchange places in Political Science are still available.
Therefore the extended application deadline is April 22, 2022.
The program list with all still open places at universities can be found here on the page of the International Office: www.ins-ausland-downloads.uni-trier.de.
Applications should be submitted as a PDF by email to eraspolsuni-trierde and addressed to Dr. Sascha Werthes (Erasmus).
Therehardly is an easierandcheaperway to spend a longstayabroadthanwith ERASMUS!
- Financial support;
- Significantly easier organisation than independent organised stays abroad;
- No loss of time, as you can take a leave of absence for the duration of the stay, which results in the semesters not being counted as subject-related semesters. For example: You leave in your 4th semester, to go abroad for 2 semesters, you can re-enter in the 4th subject-related semester in Trier after your stay.
- Easy recognition of achievements! Because of the arranged Learning Agreement, the courses taken abroad and the events or modules in Trier that are recognised for these are agreed upon in advance. So the seminars and lectures there are valuable for your studies.
Because there are costs associated with the stay abroad, students receive a monthly mobility grant of about 150-200€. With that, the additional cost caused by stay abroad should be covered. Supplementary, financial support for the year abroad can be applied for at the BAfoeG-Office. All students that receive BAfoeG also get BAfoeG for the duration of their ERASMUS-stay. In addition, financial support for the year abroad can be applied for at the BAfoeG office. All students who receive BAfoeG also receive it abroad for the duration of their ERASMUS stay. In addition, students who do not receive Bafoeg in Germany also have a chance to receive it abroad. More information on Bafoeg abroad can be found here.
In addition, ERASMUS waives all tuition fees, which in some cases amount to several thousand euros per semester.
Benefits and incentives for a year abroad as a political science student:
- Acquiring and expanding political science skills from other perspectives.
- Getting to know other subjects: each university has its own main topics of study
- Improving existing language skills & learning new languages
- Insight into other university cultures
- Improve career opportunities - nowadays many employers expect experience abroad.
Recognition of achievements!
Examination and study achievements will be recognized if they are comparable with the requirements demanded here and can be classified in terms of content in the study program of Political Science in Trier. We base our recognition on the maxim that achievements should be equivalent and not of the same kind. Prior to the stay abroad, it is essential to discuss the planned studyproject with the ERASMUS coordinator so that recognition can be guaranteed. Individual support at the partner university as well as before, during and after the stay by the ERASMUS assistance in Trier.
You can find further information in our brochure. If you are not sure whether an ERASMUS stay is right for you, please do not hesitate to come to our ERASMUS consultation hours and talk to us about the various aspects of a stay abroad. In addition, information events are held regularly during the winter semester. These are organized by us in cooperation with the International Office and former ERASMUS students. Perhaps attending one of these events will help you in your decision.
This brochure contains detailed information to all partner universities. In the following you can also find a list of all partner universities; via the names you can get to their websites.
|Bachelor´s programme||Master´s programme|
|Lancaster (Great Britain)||X|
|ROM III (Italy)||X||X|
|Warschau I Kardynala (Poland)||X|
|Warschau II (Poland)||X||X|
Applications are centrally managed by the sites of the International Office. Everything necessary for the application can be downloaded here. The application documents should be submitted to the addresses mentioned above and not (!) to the International Office.
Our selection criteria for the allocation of exchange places are:
- Motivation – statement in a letter of motivation
(some hints on how to apply)
- Social, political and other engagement
- university achievements
Conditions for the application are:
- Basic knowledge of the host country’s language
- For B.A./B.Ed. study regulations of 2013 and 2010
- the successful completion of the basic module „Demokratie in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland“ or „Demokratie und Gesellschaft in Deutschland“
- For M.A./M.Ed. NO specific conditions.
In general, the chances to get your favourite place are very high!
Therefore: Give it a shot!
One of the benefits of ERASMUS-studies is that the achievements made abroad can be recognised at the home university. This is possible as soon as you've got your Transcript of Records after finishing your stay abroad. If you have questions regarding the recognition of course and exam achievements in advance, please contact the ERASMUS-Assistance.
Here you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions:
1. When do I have to handle my recognition?
There is no fixed period of time you have to handle your recognition after your stay abroad. However, it has to be pointed out that the course and exam achievements aren't immediatly recognised in the consultation hour. If the recognition is thus needed for exam registrations, completion of studies or similar, you should think about it early.
2. What do I have to do?
You have to completely fill in the application for recognition of course and exam achievements. Bring it together with your Transcript of Records and the self-written experience report to the consultation hour. Further documents like essays, houseworks or course schedules can be submitted via mail if necessary.
3. Do I have to appear in person or can I send you the documents?
The recognitions always have to be agreed upon in person in the consultation hour of ERASMUS. Please contact the ERASMUS-Assistance if you are not able to attend in person.
4. How will I know when the recognition is concluded?
For students in the B.A./M.A.-system, the grades will be registered in PORTA after the recognition.