Das Team des Dekanates des Fachbereich IV der Universität Trier heißt Sie auf der Internetpräsenz des Fachbereiches herzlich willkommen.
Department IV provides the following courses of study: Business Administration, Economics, Sociology / Social Anthropology, Mathematics, Computer Science and Business Informatics.
Teaching at Bachelor and Master level alike, focuses on the core subjects Business Administration, Economics and Sociology as well as on Mathematics, Computer Science and Business Informatics.
The department offers the core subjects Business Administration, Social Sciences, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Computer Science and Business Informatics as well as Sociology, as a major subject, at Bachelor level.
In addition, the following Master courses are available: Service Management (Business Administration), Economics, Economic Analysis & Measurement and Survey Statistics (Economics), Business Sociology, Sociology of Media & Culture, Applied Mathematics, Business Mathematics, Computer Science and Business Informatics. Furthermore courses in Economics and Sociology are being offered as minors. As far as degrees in teaching are concerned, the University offers a Bachelor / Master of Education in Informatics and Mathematics, which allows teaching at “Gymnasien” and “Realschulen+”.
The interdepartmental demand for modules of department IV as well as the “import” of teaching from modules of other departments stress the interdisciplinary of the structure of studies.
The Interdisciplinary Graduate Centre of Excellence “The Design of Efficient Labour Market Institutions in Europe" is highly successful. Moreover the subjects participate in the University’s Graduate Centre in the field of Economic and Social Studies as well as Mathematics and Informatics.
The department also comprises the activities of the “Ada-Lovelace-Project”, which supports the increase of the proportion of employed women in natural science courses.
Research activities are, among others, reflected in the following activities:
- Institute for Labour Law and Industrial Relations in the European Community (IAAEG),
- Research Centre for Regional and Environmental Statistics (FoRUmstat),
- Competence Center E-Business (ceb),
- Centre for Health Economics (ZfG),
- Research Centre CRC 600: “Otherness and Poverty”,
- Research Centre “Europe: Long-term structures and present-day problems”,
- Centre for Applied Environmental Science,
- Centre for East Asian and Pacific Studies (ZOPS),
- Centre for Canadian Studies (ZKS),
- Centre for European Studies,
- InMit e.V. – Institute for Middle-Class Economy,
- TAURUS e.V.- Working Group for Environmental, Regional and Structural Research,
- Working Group for Socio-Scientific Research and Education at the University of Trier.