winter semester (01.10 - 31.03)
- 31.05. | non-EU citizens
- 15.07. | EU citizens
- 15.09. | applicants with a German admission qualification
summer semester (01.04 - 30.09)
- - | no admission for non-EU citizens
- 15.01. | EU citizens
- 15.03. | applicants with a German admission qualification
Please apply directly to Trier University. Our application process is available online using the Porta icon on our homepage.
Note: An application at „Arbeits- und Servicestelle für ausländische Studienbewerbung“ (uni-assist e.V.). is neither necessary nor helpful for your application to Trier University.
1. Register and apply online (please ensure you are aware of the dates and deadlines)
2. A check-list detailing which documents need to be sent to the University is provided in the application portal (Porta)
3. Send the required documents to:
- All documents must be received by the deadline in order for your application to be considered complete and to be assessed.
- A street address is not required when mailing documents as the postal code is sufficient.
Within the application portal, a checklist of all required documents is provided.
Examples of required documents may include:
- Request for Enrolment (once you have completed your online registration in PORTA, you will be able to print out a PDF document which is called “Request for Enrolment”)
- Officially certified copies (with translations in German or English) of:
- your University Entrance Qualification (certificate of qualification for enrolling at an university) including subject and grade overview
- previously obtained degrees (master's, bachelor's, etc.) and the related Transcript(s) of Records
- Proof of English language skills
- Copy of your Identity Card or Passport (uncertified)
- Proof of payment for the processing fee of 50 Euros
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants have to submit an APS Certificate
- Incomplete or incorrectly filled out applications will not be processed!
- A copy of an officially certified document is not valid and will not be accepted when a certified document is required. For more information about the certification procedure, please click here
- As previously noted, you will find a complete list of all required documents in the application portal.
Questions? Please contact the Students´ Registry for International Students.
You can find all application requirements in § 2 of the examination regulations (in German) for each master's course.
Applicants must prove their language proficiency in English (level C1, based on the Common European Framework) by one of the following tests, undertaken within the past three years:
- TOEFL (Code 9208): a minimum of (at least) 215 points (computer based) or 550 points (paper based) or 80 points (internet based)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- IELTS (a minimum of 6.0 points)
- UNIcert III
Equivalent to one of the tests is proof of:
- Native speaker
- Two years of full time study in an English taught course, in an English speaking country and undertaken within the past two years
- At least 5 school years of English in secondary education and at least 5 points in English at "Abitur" level (only Germany and Luxembourg)