- 31.05. | non-citizen of the EU
- 15.07. | citizen of the EU
- 15.09. | applicants with a German admission qualification
- - | no admission for non-citizen of the EU
- 15.01. | citizen of the EU
- 15.03. | applicants with a German admission qualification
An application at „Arbeits- und Servicestelle für ausländische Studienbewerbung“ (uni-assist e.V.). is neither necessary nor helpful for your application at Trier University.
Please apply directly at Trier University:
1. Register and apply online (check dates and deadlines)
2. A check-list will show in the application portal, it will tell you which documents you need to send to us.
3. Send documents (check dates and deadlines)
Once you register at the application platform and follow the application procedure at check-list will show you exactly which documents need to be sent in.
Among them may be:
- Request for Enrolment (once you have completed your online registration in PORTA, you will be able to print out a PDF document which is called “Request for Enrolment”)
- Officially certified copies (with translations in German or English) of:
- your University Entrance Qualification (certificate of qualification for enrolling at an university) including subject and grade overview
- previously obtained degrees (Master, Bachelor, etc.) and its related Transcript of Records
- Proof of English language skills
- Copy of your Identity Card or Passport (uncertified)
- Proof of payment for the processing fee of 50 Euros
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants have to submit an APS Certificate
- Again: You will find a complete list of all required documents in the application portal.
- Incomplete or incorrectly filled out applications will not be processed!
- A copy of a officially certified copy is not valid and will not be accepted. In order to find out more about certification procedure, please see here
Questions? Please contact the Students´ Registry for International Students.
You can find all application requirements in § 2 of the examination regulations (in German) for each Master programme.
Applicants have to prove their language proficiency in English by one of the following tests which should have been taken within the last three years:
- TOEFL (Code 9208): at least 215 points (computer based) or 550 points (paper based) or 80 points (internet based)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- IELTS (at least 6.0 points)
Equivalent to one of the aforementioned tests is proof of:
- Native speaker
- Two years of full time study in an English taught program, in an English speaking country and undertaken within the past two years
- At least 6 school years of English in secondary education and at least 5 points in English at "Abitur" level (only Germany & Luxembourg)