Application to English-taught Master Programmes
- 31.05. | non-citizen of the EU
- 15.07. | citizen of the EU
- 15.09. | applicants with a German admission qualification or equivalent
- - | no admission for non-citizen of the EU
- 15.01. | citizen of the EU
- 15.03. | applicants with a German admission qualification or equivalent
You can find all application requirements in § 2 of the examination regulations (in German) for each Master programme.
Applicants have to prove their language proficiency in English by one of the following tests which should have been taken within the last three years:
- TOEFL (Code 9208): at least 215 points (computer based) or 550 points (paper based) or 80 points (internet based)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- IELTS (at least 6.0 points)
Equivalent to one of the aforementioned tests is proof of:
- Native speaker
- Two years full time study of a completely in English taught study program within the last two years
- At least 6 school years of English in secondary education and at least 5 points in English at "Abitur" level (only Germany & Luxembourg)
- Documents must be officially certified copies. For more information...
- If the documents are not written in German or English, the documents must be accompanied by a certified official translation, which should be attached as to make it recognizable as the relevant translation.
- Questions? Please contact the Students´ Registry for International Students.
- Incomplete or incorrectly filled out applications will not be processed!
- A copy of a certified copy is not valid and will not be accepted!
|List of application documents|
|School||copy of high school diploma / secondary school leaving certificate, including a list of subjets and grades|
|Language||demonstration of a sufficient level of English language proficiency (see details above)|
proof of bank transfer of application fee