Caroline Sporleder: Involvements and Professional Service
- EACL Secretary (since 2013)
- Co-Founder ACL Special Interest Group on Language Technologies for the Socio-Economic Sciences and Humanities (SIGHUM)
- EACL 2012, Avignon, France, 23-27 April 2012 (Mentoring co-chair, with Gertjan van Noord)
- EMNLP 2011, Edinburgh, Scotland, 27-29 July 2011 (Area Chair)
- Coling 2010, Beijing, China, 23-27 June 2010 (Area Chair)
- EACL 2006 Workshops Selection Committee
(Co-Chair with Maarten de Rijke)
- KONVENS 2010, Saarbrücken, Germany
Shared Task Organisation
- SemEval 2010 Shared Task Filling the Gaps in Semantic Role Labelling: Towards Linking Events and their Participants in Discourse, ACL, Uppsala, Sweden, 15-16 June 2010 (Co-Organiser with J. Ruppenhofer, R. Morante, C. Baker and M. Palmer)
- QA4MRE: Question Answering for Machine Reading Evaluation
- Workshop on Language Technology for Cultural Heritage, LaTeCH 2007-2011 (Co-Chair/Co-Organiser)
- LaTeCH 2012, EACL, Avignon, France.
- LaTeCH 2011, ACL, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- LaTeCH 2010, ECAI, Lisbon, Portugal.
- LaTeCH-SHELTE&R 2009, EACL, Athens, Greece.
- LaTeCH 2008, LREC, Marrakech, Morocco.
- LaTeCH 2007, ACL, Prague, Czech Republic.
- ACHR (Workshop on Annotation of Corpora for Research in the Humanities)
- ACRH-1 Heidelberg, Germany, 5 January 2012 (co-located with TLT-10).
- ACRH-2, Lisbon, Portugal, 29 November 2012 (co-located with TLT-11).
- ACHR-3, Sofia, Bulgaria, 12 December 2013 (co-located with TLT-12).
- ExProM 2012 (Workshop on "Extra-propositional aspects of meaning in computational linguistics", sponsored by the PASCAL2 network), ACL 2012, Jeju, Republic of Korea, 13 July, 2012. (Co-Chair with R. Morante)
- Workshop on Negation and Speculation in Natural Language Processing (NeSp-NLP 2010), Uppsala, Sweden, 10 July 2010 (Co-Chair with R. Morante)