Abstract submission is now closed.
Papers may deal with, but are not restricted to the following topics:
- systematic and analytical approaches to wordplay, its forms and functions
- the dynamics of wordplay at the moment of its creation / introduction
- the dynamics of wordplay in a diachronic perspective
- the dynamics of wordplay in bilingual or plurilingual wordplay
- the dynamics of wordplay involving different semiotic codes
- the dynamics of wordplay from the perspective of speaker-hearer interaction
- the dynamics of wordplay involving different levels of communication and different viewpoints
Papers are supposed to be between 20 and 25 minutes followed by a 10 to 15 minute discussion time. The languages of presentation are English and French.
Selected papers presented at the conference will be published in Vols. 5 and 6 of the book series “The Dynamics of Wordplay” (De Gruyter).
If you want to participate in the conference, please send an abstract of 250 to 300 words in English or French to winterfroemel [at] uni-trier.de and thaler [at] phil.uni-mannheim.de.
Submissions are accepted until 1st December, 2015.