With the generous help of the Alumni Association of the Trier Law School, we are now able to offer financial support to participants in a difficult financial situation. Two scholarships are available.
For the recipients of these schoilarships, the participation fee will be reduced to 100, -- € and they will receive 250, -- € to help them pay for their travel expenses and accommopdation in Trier. Scholarships will be granted on the basis of financial need and academic achievements.
If you are in a difficult financial situation, please apply by e-mail and send us
(1) a statement of your financial situation. This statement should include
- your monthly net income (salary, maintenance payments from parents, a spouse or under a scholarship). If you live with your parents and do not receive a monthly allowance, please state this.
- your monthly fixed expenses (rent and insurance payments and the like).
- any financial support for your participation in our summer school which you receive from your home university or any other organisation.
- any further information on relevant for us in order to properly assess your financial situation.
(2) a CV showing your academic achievements. Please include information on the marks you obtained and on your class rank wherever possible.
It is NOT necessary to send documents in support of your application. Be aware, however, that making false statemts in order to obtain the scholarship will result in the scholarship being revoked and may be prosecuted as a criminal offence.
The scholarships are available both to participants already enrolled and to those considering to enrol. If you are already enrolled and apply for the scholarship, you will not get payment reminders as long as your application is under consideration. If you are not enrolled yet, you can fill in the enrolment form and send us your application concurrently. Please let us know clearly whether your enrolment is conditional upon the grant of financial support or whether you wish to participate in the summer school even if we cannot support you financially.
Applications for financial support must be made by 5 July 2019. Applications arriving later cannot be considered.