Trier University, through this website, will provide up to date information and answer important questions concerning the effects of the coronavirus on university operations. (► German version).
- For the winter semester Trier University plans to offer on-site teaching. Lectures for larger audiences will be offered online. More information to follow continuously.
- All buildings at Trier University are open but have limited opening times.
- At Trier University it is compulsory to wear medical facial masks or facial masks of KN95/N95 or FFP2 standard inside all buildings.
- The library is open for working and studying under the latest hygiene rules.
- The interior of Mensa Tarforst is open to students and staff.
- PC pools BZ 11 and B 121 are open during limited opening times.
- At Trier University on-site examinations are taking place. It is mandatory to wear a medial facial mask or facial masks of KN95/N95 or FFP2 standard during the exams. Cancelling your registration for an exam is possible up to one day before the examination date.
- For employees, the normal regulations regarding work time have been temporarily suspended and the ability to telework has been extended.
Further information can be found in the FAQ below
In case of a suspected infection please inform the fever clinic hotline Rhineland-Palatinate by calling 0800 9900400 (24 hrs).
All events at Trier University are cancelled until further notice, regardless of their size. Non-curricular on-site courses and events cannot be permitted. Exceptions need to be approved of individually by the board ( ► Application).
Unfortunately, Kinder-Uni cannot take place in 2021 due to the Corona pandemic.
The guest student program and other open lectures will be offered online. Please find more information on the web page of Campus der Generationen.
All buildings at Trier University (mandatory use of face masks!) are open
Monday to Friday 7.30 – 18.30.
- The Centre for Information, Media and Communication Technology (ZIMK) will continue to provide all necessary IT services, however personal on-site customer support will cease. PC pools BZ 11 and B 121 are open during limited opening times.
- Studiwerk has re-opened the interior of Mensa Tarforst for students and staff. Contact details will be registered using the student card or staff ID card. A negative Corona test is not required.
- The library is open for working and studying under the latest hygiene rules. Information on available workspaces, capacity as well as opening times can be found on the library website. Please wear facial masks (medical facial masks or facial masks of KN95/N95 or FFP2 standard) and adhere to hygiene and social distancing rules.
- uniSPORT offers classes outdoor, as hybrid solutions and online.
- AStA has closed the Studihaus (AStA building), the B15 office and the AStA garden. The removal van can still be rented and collected. More information regarding availability of services can be found on the AStA website.
- The Uni shop is closed.
- The lounge and work space area "Subchill" in the basement of Mensa Tarforst is closed.
- The parent-child study room at Trier University is closed.
In all buildings at Trier University it is mandatory to wear facial masks. Please avoid direct personal contact. If you need to contact someone, please use the telephone and/or email for your communications. Please observe basic hygiene etiquette:
- maintain a distance of 1,5 meters with others
- good hand hygiene/hand washing
- forgo handshakes
- cough and sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve
The university does not provide disinfection material during the current corona pandemic. The observance of the rules of conduct and hygiene have been deemed sufficient (see above). A specific request for disinfection materials to be made available, must be made to Mr. Kasel (kaseluni-trierde), stating the reasons for this request (e.g. why the minimum distances cannot be observed, etc.). These requests will be dealt with on an individual basis.
Medical facial masks or facial masks of KN95/N95 or FFP2 need to be brought along when visiting the campus and need to be worn according to current regulations. Trier University does not provide facial masks. Trier University only supplies FFP2 masks to employees, whose job naturally requires them to undermine social distancing rules or if the employee’s tasks are associated with a higher output of aerosols. In these exceptional cases please contact Mr. Kasel via email.
Toilets are being cleaned at least once a day, more often if required. Kitchenettes are being cleaned once a week but surfaces need to be clear in order to be cleaned. Contact areas like door handles and handrails are included in the general cleaning rota. The control panels of multi function printers in our copy rooms don't require cleaning in general. Nearby toilets provide washing facilities for good hand hygiene.
If you have additional questions regarding the measures being taken or the current situation at Trier University that are not answered above, please contact coronauni-trierde. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding if there is a delay in responding. Your question will be answered as soon as possible.