Trier University, through this website, will provide up to date information and answer important questions concerning the effects of the coronavirus on university operations. (► German version).
- All buildings at Trier University are open during the week. It is mandatory to wear facial masks.
- In the winter semester 2020/21 lectures will be offered both online and on-site at our campus. We are currently planning to offer more than 20% of lectures on-site at our campus. Lectures will start on November 2, 2020.
- Students are asked to directly proceed to the lecture hall or examination room after entering the building. Gatherings in hallways should be avoided.
- For the purpose of contact tracing, participants in all events will be registered: small events will be using lists, larger events will use TUNIKA readers.
- Opening times of the library are slightly limited. From November 2nd, opening times will be extended.
- Studiwerk has reopened parts of it’s catering on campus.
- For employees, the normal regulations regarding work time have been temporarily suspended and the ability to telework has been extended.
Further information can be found in the FAQ below
In case of a suspected infection please inform the fever clinic hotline Rhineland-Palatinate by calling 0800 9900400 (24 hrs).
All events at Trier University are cancelled until further notice, regardless of their size. Events on campus, that cannot be delayed, need to be approved beforehand.
The guest student program and other open lectures will mainly be offered online. Please find more information on the web page of Campus der Generationen.
All buildings at Trier University (mandatory use of face masks!) are open
Monday to Friday 7.30 – 18.30.
The library is open:
Monday to Friday 9-21 (Campus I) and Monday to Friday 9-17 (Campus II).
- The Centre for Information, Media and Communication Technology (ZIMK) will continue to provide all necessary IT services, however personal on-site customer support will cease and all PC pools will be closed.
- Studiwerk Trier has reopened parts of it's catering on campus. Please respect the applicable safety precautions and measure (i.e. face mask, minimum distance).
- All reading rooms in the university library are open again (Campus I: Monday to Friday 9.00 until 21.00; Campus II: Monday to Friday 9.00 until 17.00). Visitors can browse shelves and search for literature by themselves. Please observe the hygiene and safety concept which can be found on the website of the university library.
- UniSPORT is offering sports classes again. Working out in the gym is also possible again.
- AStA has closed the Studihaus (AStA building), the B15 office and the AStA garden. The removal van can still be rented and collected. More information regarding availability of services can be found on the AStA website.
- The Uni shop has partly reopened.
- The parent-child study room at Trier University is closed.
In all buildings at Trier University it is mandatory to wear facial masks. Please avoid direct personal contact. If you need to contact someone, please use the telephone and/or email for your communications. Please observe basic hygiene etiquette:
- maintain a distance of 1,5 meters with others
- good hand hygiene/hand washing
- forgo handshakes
- cough and sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve
In accordance with the 11th corona regulation, it is mandatory to wear facial masks at all universities in Rhineland-Palatinate. Thus, it is mandatory to wear facial masks in all buildings at Trier University from 16th September 2020. This does not apply when seated. Therefore, facial masks can be taken off during exams, lectures, when seated inside the library and at desks in offices.
Wearing a mouth-nose covering helps to minimise the risk von infections and helps to protect each other and ourselves. Therefore, we strongly recommend adhering to the rules and to wearing facial masks inside buildings at Trier University.
The university does not provide disinfection material during the current corona pandemic. The observance of the rules of conduct and hygiene have been deemed sufficient (see above). A specific request for disinfection materials to be made available, must be made to Mr. Kasel (kaseluni-trierde), stating the reasons for this request (e.g. why the minimum distances cannot be observed, etc.). These requests will be dealt with on an individual basis.
As it is mandatory to wear facial masks in accordance with the 11th corona regulation, everyone entering a building at Trier University is required to bring and to wear a facial mask. Trier University does not provide facial masks.
Toilets are being cleaned at least once a day, more often if required. Kitchenettes are being cleaned once a week but surfaces need to be clear in order to be cleaned. Contact areas like door handles and handrails are included in the general cleaning rota. The control panels of multi function printers in our copy rooms don't require cleaning in general. Nearby toilets provide washing facilities for good hand hygiene.
If you have additional questions regarding the measures being taken or the current situation at Trier University that are not answered above, please contact coronauni-trierde. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding if there is a delay in responding. Your question will be answered as soon as possible.