Trier University is pleased to welcome students from almost 100 countries around the world to its campus. During the corona pandemic, however, certain protective measures are crucial to protect both students and staff of the university.
Application - Admission - Enrolment | Trier University in three steps:
Upon receiving a completed application from an international student, the Registrar’s Office (Admissions) reviews the application documents to determine whether the applicant can be admitted to study at Trier University. If the decision is positive, the Registrar's Office will send a letter of admission and ask the applicant to enrol. In order to complete the enrolment, the applicant must submit further documents.
Information about Enrolling - Enrolment
In order to ensure that your enrolment proceeds as smoothly as possible, even during the corona pandemic, please note the following information for international applicants.
- You should apply for health insurance (Techniker Krankenkasse oder AOK) as early as possible to health insurance provider of your choice. You will require a proof of health insurance certificate once you are registered. This should be sent to the Registrar's Office along with the other required enrolment documents.
- The enrolment documents must be sent to the Registrar’s Office (Studierendensekretariat) by 26.10.2020 (for the winter semester 2020/21):
- either by e-mail before entering Germany
- or once you have arrived in Germany, by mail.
Due to the current situation, please avoid bringing the documents in person to the Registrar’s Office!
- Don't forget to enclose a stamped envelope with your enrolment documents so that your student documents (student ID card - TUNIKA, login data for the university’s online services, see ZIMK-Informatio for first-year students, information on beginning your studies, etc.) can be sent to you.
- The Registrar’s Office will send the student documents only within Germany! Therefore, please make sure you find a flat/ have an address in Germany or in Trier as soon as possible.
International applicants from international risk areas
Are you entering Germany from an international area determined to be high risk (Risikoland) (according to the guidelines of the Robert Koch Institute ? Or have you visited a high risk area in the last 14 days? Please note the following additional information!
- If you are entering Germany from a high risk area, according to the quarantine rules of the state of Rhineland-Palatinate (Quarantäne-Regeln des Landes Rheinland-Pfalz), you must go directly into a 14-day quarantine or provide proof of a negative Covid test, taken within 72 hours.
- If you arrive via Frankfurt or Frankfurt-Hahn airport, you can drive directly from the airport to Trier. On arrival in Trier, however, you must immediately enter a 14-day quarantine. At Frankfurt Airport (Flughafen Frankfurt) as well as at Frankfurt-Hahn Airport (Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn), it is possible to have a free Covid test done.
- If you enter Germany via Luxembourg, Belgium or France, you can have a Covid test performed at various testing stations located shortly after the border (nach den Grenzen an verschiedenen Teststationen).
- The location of all testing stations, as well as the most up to date important information for the state of Rhineland-Palainate can be found on the following site: Corona-Informationsseite des Landes Rheinland-Pfalz
- Following your arrival in Trier, you should undertake the following steps as soon as possible:
- Go directly to your apartment in Trier and place yourself in quarantine.
- Inform the university integration officer, Aziz Yüksek, of your arrival in Trier – if possible inform him in advance of your aniticipated arrival date. If necessary, Mr. Yüksek can provide you with support during your 14-day quarantine period.
- Please report your arrival immediately to the Office of Public Order (Ordnungsamt) and the Public Health Department (Gesundheitsamt). On the Corona web page for the City of Trier (Corona-Seite der Stadt Trier), you will find the key information about this process such as the general rules of conduct, including tips and hints.
Information and advice
The International Office can support you in the preparation of your stay at Trier University as well as with your arrival, the start of your studies and your studies.