Are you interested in organizing an academic conference? But you don’t know where to start? Are you wondering whether you are too young and inexperienced for such an endeavor? Or have you already started planning your first academic conference, but you have questions and would like additional input and a place where you can ask your questions? The workshop ‘Organizing an Academic Conference’ is for you – and for those who are merely curious about what is involved in planning and carrying out a conference.
This workshop is mainly designed for ‘beginners’ and will provide orientation, basic information and general suggestions. Emerging scholars with some conference organization experience are also very welcome to participate, though.
We will touch upon the following topics:
- Why organize an academic conference?
- Who is the conference geared towards?
- Finding a topic for your conference
- Conference formats: Conventions and innovative approaches
- A recipe for organizing your conference - key ingredients
- Project management
- When and where will your conference take place?
- Technical questions
- Financing your conference
- The Call for Papers (CfP)
- Communicating with participants and others
- How to carry out the actual conference
- Tasks after your conference
This workshop will take our current situation and its challenges and opportunities into account. We will consider online, hybrid, and in-person conferences.
Teilnehmerzahl und Teilnahmevoraussetzungen
Maximal 12 Teilnehmer*innen
Per Mail an gutuni-trierde unter Angabe von Vor- und Nachname sowie Promotionsfach
(Register by Thursday, 18 March 2021)
Veranstaltung im Rahmen einer Reihe
Alle Promovierende & Postdocs