Our chair offers thesis supervision for bachelor and master students. Here you can find all relevant information.
- Central assignment process: Both Bachelor and Master theses are assigned centrally. However, this only concerns the assignment of students to a supervising chair and has no implication regarding the concrete topic. All information about the assignment of bachelor theses to the chairs can be found here. Information about the assignment of master theses can be found here.
- Topic assignment: If you have been assigned to our chair via the central assignment, the topic assignment and assignment of the supervisor will take place. We will contact you for this purpose.
- Scientific work vs. practical work. Both Bachelor's and Master's theses can be written with a scientific-theoretical focus or as a collaborative project with a practice partner. Both types of work bring their own particular challenges: for example, with a scientific focus, the innovativeness of the research question, theoretical basis and classification in the literature are important, while with practical work, the structure and evaluation must be more practice-oriented.
- Colloquium: Part of the supervision is the participation of our colloquium, in which you continuously participate as well as give a short presentation during the supervision phase. The date is approximately in the middle of the processing time. The colloquium is usually also attended by the staff of the chair.
- Format guidelines can be downloaded here.