The teaching and research areas offered in Department VI are generally assigned to spatial and environmental sciences dealing with a wide range of environmental issues. The Hydrology Lab involves transdisciplinary approaches aiming to gain a better understanding of environmental systems. The main focus includes:
- Basics of the hydrological cycle
- Hydrological measurement methods
- Water management approaches and runoff modelling
- Basic aspects of biological and chemical compositions as well as the quality of water (modelling)
- Wastewater-related problems and the transportation of suspended solids and sediments
- Sampling and instrumental analysis of environmentally relevant trace substances in various compartments
Essentially, teaching at the Hydrology Lab aims to enhance system-analytical and networked thinking. Specifically designed for such purposes is the master module "Environmental System Analysis”.