Overall, our fields of expertise lie in the area of individualisation or personalisation of psychological interventions (keyword: Precision Medicine, Personalized Treatments). From basic questions on measuring and modelling changes through specific interventions to the development of predictive and problem-solving tools for empirically supported and individualised adaptation of corresponding interventions depending on the course of the intervention.
Selection of current projects (complete list):
- Trier Therapy Navigator (funded by DFG)
- Timing of non-verbal patient-therapist interactions and therapeutic success in social phobias (funded by DFG)
- Stratified Medicine Approaches foR Treatment Selection (SMART) - Mental Health Prediction Tournament (funded by UK Wellcome Trust)
- EVIDENT Trial - "EffectiVeness of Internet-based DEpressioN Treatment" (BMG-funded)
- Ecological Momentary Assessment (EMA) - collecting psychometric and biophysiological data in real time
- Evaluation and quality assurance of psychotherapy courses (financed by various health insurance companies, including Techniker Krankenkasse)
So far, projects have been funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG), the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), UK Wellcome Trust, Polaris Health Directions (PA, USA) and the Techniker Krankenkasse (TK), among others. An overview of all research projects can be found here.