- Climate and meteorology of the polar regions
- Sea ice in the climate system
- Scientific programming and geoinformatics
- Remote sensing, satellite meteorology and digital image processing
- Web mapping, Machine learning, Data visualization, Data Science
- Fraser et al. (2020) High-resolution mapping of circum-Antarctic landfast sea ice distribution, 2000–2018, Earth Syst. Sci. Data Discuss
., doi.org/10.5194/essd-2020-99, in review.
- Hartmann et al. (2020) Wintertime airborne measurements of ice nucleating particles in the high Arctic: a hint to a marine, biogenic source for Ice Nucleating Particles, Geophys. Res. Lett., 0094-8276.
- Reiser, F., Willmes, S. and Heinemann, G. (2020) A New Algorithm for Daily Sea Ice Lead Identification in the Arctic and Antarctic Winter from Thermal-Infrared Satellite Imagery. Remote Sens., 12(12), 1957.
Publication list (PDF): updated 15 June 2020
- Basics of mathematics and physics for geoscientists
- Introduction to scientific programming and data analysis
- Environmental assessment concepts
- Basics of statistics
- Methods of environmental measurements
- Scientific literature seminar
- Kartographic project study
- Remote Sensing and Monitoring in Meteorology
- Surface Vegetation Atmosphere Transfer (SVAT) modeling
- Climate geography
- Circum-Antarctic sea-ice lead frequencies and regional distribution from satellite imagery (DFG), 2017-2020
- CATS - The Changing Arctic Transpolar System (BMBF), 2017-2020: Monitoring of sea-ice properties and ice production (multi-sensor satellite remote sensing)
- Sea-ice lead detection in the Arctic from MODIS satellite imagery, 2013-2016
- Laptew-See Transdrift, Russian-German Project: Sea-ice remote sensing, 2013-2016