Publications in peer-reviewed journals in economics and finance
- "How does the email matter to the civic honesty? A comment on Cohn et al. (2019)” (with Toan Huynh and Mei Wang), Business and Society Review, 2020
- "Opinions on Technology: a Cultural Divide between East Asia and Germany?" (with Mei Wang, Denis Reinhardt and Max Massloch), Review of Behavioral Economics, 2020
- "Maxing out: the puzzling influence of past maximum returns on future asset prices in a cross-country analysis" (with Nilüfer Caliskan and Shuonan Yuan), Management Review Quarterly, 70(4), 567-589, 2020
- "Optimal Volatility Dependent Derivatives in the Stochastic Volatility Model" (with Artem Dyachenko), The Journal of Derivatives, 2021
- "German and Chinese dataset on attitudes regarding COVID-19 policies, perception of the crisis, and belief in conspiracy theories" (with Yanping He-Ulbricht), Data in Brief, 2020
- "Volatility Dependend Structured Products" (with Artem Dyachenko and Walter Farkas), The Journal of Investing, 2020
- "What makes young people think positively about social distancing during the Corona crisis in Germany?" Frontiers in Sociology, 2020
- "Triggering Altruism Increases the Willingness to Get Vaccinated Against COVID-19", Social Health and Behavior, 2020
- "Diversification with Options and Structured Products" (with Shuonan Yuan), Review of Derivatives Research, 2020
- "Fund Size and the Stability of Portfolio Risk" (with Martin Ewen), Journal of Risk, 2020
- "Secret erosion of the “lockdown”? Patterns in daily activities during the SARS-Cov2 pandemics around the world" (with Mei Wang), Review of Behavioral Economics, 2020
- "To wear or not to wear? Factors influencing wearing of face masks in Germany during the Corona pandemics", Social Health and Behavior, 2020
- "Taking more risk tomorrow: time horizons and investment decisions" (with Trang Minh Nguyen, Benjamin Schnur and Mei Wang), Applied Economics Letters, 2020
- "Happy Savers and Happy Spenders: An experimental study comparing US Americans and Germans"
(with Amin Ashtiani and Thomas Dudek), Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, 2019.
- “Maxing out: replicating the influence of past maximum returns on future asset prices in a cross-country analysis” (with Shuonan Yuan and Nilüfer Caliskan), Management Review Quarterly, pp. 1–23, 2019
- "Non-cooperative games with prospect theory players and dominated strategies"
(with Lars Peter Metzger), Games and Economic Behavior, Vol. 115, pp. 396-409, 2019.
- “Hedging with Regret” (with Olaf Korn), Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, 22, pp. 192-205, 2019
- "The Fundamental Equity Premium and Ambiguity Aversion in an International Context"
(with Minh Hai Ngo andShuonan Yuan), Risks 6.4, pp. 128-152, 2018.
- "Survey data on Vietnamese retail investors' trading behavior and their psychological and behavioral patterns"
(with Thuy Chung Phan andMei Wang), Data in Brief, Vol. 19, pp. 1176-1180, 2018.
- "What leads to overtrading and under-diversification? Survey evidence from retail investors in an emerging market" (with Thuy Chung Phan andMei Wang), Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, in Print.
- "Asymmetric attention and volatility asymmetry" (with Michał Dzieliński andTõnn Talpsepp),
Journal of Empirical Finance, Vol. 45, pp. 59-67, 2018.
- “Segmentation of financial clients by attitudes and behavior: a comparison between Switzerland and Vietnam.” (with Thuy Phan and Mei Wang), International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol. 37 Issue: 1, pp.44-68, 2018.
- “Comment on Cenci et al. (2015): Half-full or half-empty? A model of decision making under risk”,
Journal of Mathematical Psychology, Vol. 81, pp. 110-113, 2017.
- "Corporate Cash Holdings and Ambiguity Aversion" (with Wolfgang Breuer andK. Can Soypak),
Review of Finance, Vol. 21, Issue 5, pp. 1933-1974, 2017.
- "Characterization of acceptance sets for co-monotone risk-measures" , Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Vol. 74, pp. 147-152, 2017
- "The Impact of Culture on Loss Aversion" (with Mei Wang andThorsten Hens), Journal of Behavioral Decision Making,Vol. 30, Issue 2, pp. 270-281, 2017.
- "Estimating Cumulative Prospect Theory Parameters from an International Survey" (with Mei Wang andThorsten Hens), Theory and Decision, Vol. 82, Issue 4, pp. 567-596, 2017.
- "Should Your Bank Invest for You? Evidence from Private Banking Accounts" (with Ji Cao andMarcel Fischli), Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Finance, Vol 13, pp. 1-8, 2017.
- "How Time Preferences Differ: Evidence from 53 countries" (mit Mei Wang und Thorsten Hens), Journal of Economic Psychology, Vol. 52, pp. 115-135, 2016.
- "The war puzzle: Contradictory effects of international conflicts on stock markets" (with Amelie Brune, Thorsten Hens and Mei Wang), International Review of Economics, Vol. 62, Issue 1, pp. 1-21, 2015.
- "Risk Preferences Around the World", (with Mei Wang and Thorsten Hens), Management Science, Vol. 61, Issue 3, pp. 637-648, 2015.
- "Evolutionary stability of prospect theory preferences", Journal of Mathematical Economics, Vol. 50, pp. 1-11, 2014.
- "The behavioral foundations of corporate dividend policy a cross-country analysis" (mit Wolfgang Breuer und K. Can Soypak), Journal of Banking and Finance, Vol. 42, pp. 247-265, 2014.
- "Can utility maximization explain the demand for structured investment products?" (with Thorsten Hens), Quantitative Finance, 14(4), pp. 673-681, 2014.
- "International evidence on the equity premium puzzle and time discounting" (with Thorsten Hens and Mei Wang), Multinational Finance Journal, 17(3/4), pp. 149-163, 2013.
- "Risk classes for structured products: mathematical aspects and their implications on behavioral investors" (with Ji Cao), Annals of Finance, Vol. 9, Issue 2, pp. 167-183, 2013.
- "Can ambiguity aversion solve the equity premium puzzle? Survey evidence from international data" (with Mei Wang), Finance Research Letters, 9(2), pp. 63-72, 2012.
- “Explaining the demand for structured financial products: survey and field experiment evidence” (with Thorsten Hens), ZfB, Vol. 82, Issue 5, pp. 491-508, 2012.
- "Why do Investors buy bad financial products? Probability misestimation and preferences in ﬁnancial investment decisions", Journal of Behavioral Finance, Vol. 13, Issue 2, pp. 108-118, 2012.
- "Optimal financial investments for non-concave utility functions", Economics Letters, Vol. 114, Issue 3, pp. 239-240, 2012.
- “Too risk averse for prospect theory?” (with Thuy Bui), Modern Economy, Vol. 2, Issue 4, pp. 691-700, 2011.
- „Volatility asymmetry, news and private investors“ (with Michal Dzielinski and Tonn Talpsepp), The Handbook of News Analytics in Finance, Wiley & Sons, 2011.
- „Co-monotonicity of optimal investments and the design of structural financial products“, Finance and Stochastics, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 27-55, 2011.
- „Explaining asymmetric volatility around the world" (with Tõnn Talpsepp), Journal of Empirical Finance, Vol. 17, Issue 5, pp. 938-956, 2010.
- „Financial Market Equilibria with Cumulative Prospect Theory“ (with Enrico De Giorgi andThorsten Hens), Journal of Mathematical Economics, Vol. 46, Issue 5, pp. 633-651, 2010.
- „SP/A and CPT: A reconciliation of two behavioral decision theories", Economics Letters, Vol. 108, Issue 3, pp. 327-329, 2010.
- „What is behind the Priority Heuristic? – A mathematical analysis and comment on Brandstätter, Gigerenzer and Hertwig“ (with Mei Wang), Psychological Review, vol. 115, Issue 1, pp. 274-280, 2008.
- „Prospect Theory for continuous distributions“ (with Mei Wang), Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Vol. 36, Nr. 1, pp. 83–102, 2008.
- „Cumulative Prospect Theory and the St. Petersburg Paradox“ (withMei Wang), Economic Theory, Vol. 28, pp. 665-679, 2006.