Tammy Ganster joined the department in January 2020. She obtained her M.A. in English Linguistics and English Literature from Trier University in 2019. She is currently working on her PhD thesis, which investigates inter-individual variation in stress position both in the production and perception of English complex words. The thesis is supervised by Prof. Dr. Sabine Arndt-Lappe.
- the prosody of complex words
- the morphology-phonology interface
- the mental lexicon
- linguistic productivity
Ganster, T. (2022, Aug 24-27). Individual differences and the morphology-phonology interface: Stress placement in English complex words. [talk]. 55th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea, University of Bucharest, Romania.
- Ganster, T. (2022, May 21). Can individual differences in morphological processing explain stress variability in English complex words? [talk]. 13th Mediterranean Morphology Meeting, University of the Aegean, Rhodes.
- Arndt-Lappe, S., & Ganster, T. (2022, Feb 9). Stress, lexical storage, and the paradigm: evidence from variable alternations [talk]. Morphology in Production and Perception, Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf (Online).
- Ganster, T. (2021, May 27). The role of individual linguistic experience in the stressing of complex words [talk]. 28th Manchester Phonology Meeting, Manchester (Online).
- Ganster, T. (2020, Sep 10). The role of individual linguistic experience in the stressing of complex words [talk]. 16. Tagung zur Phonetik und Phonologie im deutschsprachigen Raum, Universität Trier.
- Ganster, T. (2019, Nov 20). Variation in the Production and Perception of Stress in -able Derivatives [talk]. English Linguistics Circle, Trier.
- Ganster, T. (2019, Oct 25). Variation in the Production and Perception of Stress in -able Derivatives [talk]. Kolloquium der DFG-Forschergruppe FOR 2373, Heinrich Heine Universität Düsseldorf.
- Best Presentation by a PhD student award at the 55th Annual Meeting of the Societas Linguistica Europaea (University of Bucharest, August 2022), 500 EUR
Partial travel grant to 13th Mediterranean Morphology Meeting, Rhodes, Greece, by Mentoring-Fördermitteln (Professorinnenprogramm III des Bundes und der Länder) (04/2022)