In the doctoral phase, the dissertation research project is an important factor in career development.
In addition, doctoral candidates have various opportunities to expand their qualification portfolio for their own further professional career. The following institutions at Trier University offer you development opportunities:
- The Center for University Didactics offers training courses for teaching in your subject area.
- You can attend the GUT courses for help with orientation and decision-making about which professional path to take after the doctorate.
- Training opportunities offered by the Equal Opportunity Unit support young female researchers, in particular.
- Your own competencies concerning internationalization can be expanded through international teaching, research and lecturing stays abroad or through networking with international researchers on site. The International Office offers support and further academic training opportunities.
- Doctoral candidates who want to actively shape their professional career and benefit from an individual exchange of experience can receive support from the mentoring program of the Equal Opportunity Unit.