Basic information about the research project:
- Third-party funding by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
- Project manager: Dr. Elisa Deiss-Helbig, cooperation partners: Dr. Isabelle Guineaudeau, JProf. Dr. Theres Matthieß
- Funding volume: 295,467 euros
- Project duration: 2021-2023
- Website: https://www.sowi.uni-stuttgart.de/abteilungen/ps/forschung/groupta/
Research Project Summary: GROUPTA investigates the conditions under which citizens support political offers in the form of election pledges (prospectively) and how they react to the fulfillment (and breaking) of election pledges (retrospectively). The focus is on the question of how certain social groups are addressed by election pledges and whether the evaluation of election promises depends on whether voters are personally affected or whether they perceive the respective group as "worthy".