The Autumn School for Information Retrieval and Information Foraging 2019 (ASIRF) provides an introduction to advanced topics of Information Retrieval and Information Foraging. The aim is to shed light on the latest developments in the areas of information retrieval models, information retrieval systems, evaluation as well as information interaction and human information foraging behaviour.
The School is not only aimed at the Information Retrieval Community, but also addresses related areas of computer science. In addition to introductory and fundamental topics of contextual and interactive information retrieval, current research questions are addressed in particular.
Location: Schloss Dagstuhl – Leibniz Center for Informatics (www.dagstuhl.de)
Date: 22. - 27. September 2019
- Information Behavior and Search User Interfaces (Christa Womser-Hacker, University of Hildesheim)
- Foundations of Information Retrieval (Ingo Frommholz, University of Bedfordshire, UK)
- Interactive Information Retrieval (Norbert Fuhr, University of Duisburg-Essen)
- Information Retrieval Evaluation (Thomas Mandl, University of Hildesheim)
- Task-Based Evaluation (David Elsweiler, University of Regensburg)
- Information Retrieval for Digital Humanities (Andreas Henrich, University of Bamberg,)
- Deep Learning (Ahmet Aker,University of Duisburg-Essen)
- Information Retrieval Systems (Ralf Schenkel, Trier University)
- Information Retrieval and Semantic Annotations (Klaus Berberich, University of Applied Sciences in Saarbrücken)
The following registration fees apply:
- Full time student or employee of a German academic institution: 150 €
- Employee of a private enterprise: 500 €
- Full time student at an academic institution outside Germany: 100 €
The registration fee includes the cost for the scientific and social program. The cost for full board accommodation in Schloss Dagstuhl is not included in the registration fee, it needs to be paid directly at the venue. The cost for 5 nights in a single room is 350€, the cost for 5 nights in a double room is 275€ (limited capacity). Accommodation outside Schloss Dagstuhl is not possible.
Full-time students are invited to apply for a stipend offered by the German Academic Exchange Service and ACM SIGIR. The stipend covers the cost for full board accommodation in Schloss Dagstuhl. International students can also apply for a travel stipend according to the following table (find your country in column “Land” (country), then consult column “Spalte 1”).
The school stands in the tradition of the German "Herbstschule Information Retrieval" and the "Summer School Information Foraging" organized by Radboud University Nijmegen. More information can be found in last years program or in the conference review.