August 7-8, 2018 at the EGC in Pisa, Italy
Download: Call for Papers
Both original and review papers are welcome from all fields of research in mind games. In particular, from mathematics, computer science and social sciences.
The conference will take place during the 62nd European Go Congress and the 1st World Mind Sport Championship in Pisa. It will cover all mind games, e.g. Chess, Draughts, Shogi, Bridge, Amazons, Poker, Backgammon, Blokus etc. The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to the topics:
- Computer Play by Neural Networks
- Learning Games in Zero Mode
- Evaluation of Games by Computer Programs
- Game design with computer help
- Cheating in Game Play (E-Doping) and Cheater Detection
- Solving Games
- Games and Education
- Serious Gaming
- Games and LEGO ®
- Optical Recording of Games
- Computer-Aided Analysis of Master Games etc.
head of the Leela Zero project, an open source project following Google’s Alpha Zero.
August 7: Social dinner
August 8: Presentations, discussions, Pair-Go with mixed human-computer teams.
Participants can take part on an excursion on August 9. (Details will be announced.)
Congress Palace, Pisa (Italy), within the European Go Congress 2018 (see www.egc2018.it).
Conference home page:
The conference itself is free of charge, dinner and excursion are not included, participation on further events at the European Go Congress requires registration, see www.egc2018.it for details.
- Deadline for Submission of Extended Abstracts (pdf, 1-2 pages): March 31, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance: May 2, 2018
- Submission of Full papers and updated version of the extended abstracts: June 30, 2018
Submissions by email to:
Prof. Ingo Althöfer, University of Jena Prof.
Marc Oliver Rieger, University of Trier
Local organizing committee:
Carlo Metta, University of Florence
Prof. Maurizio Parton, University of Chieti-Pescara
Dr. Francesco Potortì, CNR-ISTI, Pisa