Organization/Catering Letter (*.pdf)
Programme (short, *.pdf)
Programme (long, *.pdf)
Programme: Conference "Five years of crisis – lessons learned and paths towards a resilient European Monetary Union", Trier, October 9th-10th, 2014
12:15-12:30:Joachim Schild: A Resilience Framework for Analyzing the Euro Area Crisis
12:30-14:30 Session 1: Responses to the Euro Crisis: Assessment and Lessons Learned
· Lothar Funk: Towards Genuine Resilience of the Eurozone: An Evaluation of the Partially German-inspired Response to the Euro Crisis
· Takis S. Pappas: Why Greece Failed, and What Have We Learned from it?
· Sebastian Royo: After Austerity. Lessons from the Spanish Experience
· John Ryan. The Death of the Celtic Tiger: Ireland and the Eurozone Crisis - What Next?
15:00-16:45 Session 2: Wealth, Consumption and Risk
· Michael Ziegelmeyer: Household Wealth in the Euro Area: The Importance of Intergenerational Transfers, Homeownership and House Price Dynamics
· Enno Schröder: Eurozone Imbalances: Measuring the Extent of Expenditure-Switch
· Hanno Stremmel: Beyond the Credit Gap
17:15-19:00 Session 3: Fiscal Integration / Fiscal Federalism
· Jürgen Matthes: Is EMU unsustainable without further Fiscal Integration
· Pierre Schlosser: The Expansion of Fiscal Surveillance in EMU: An Actor-centric Analysis
· Peter Claeys: If You Want Me to Stay, Pay: A Model of Asymmetric Federalism in Centralised Countries
09:00-11:00 Session 4: Financial Sector / Banking Union / Role of ECB
· Alexandra Hild: Effects of ESM Financing
· Javier Villar Burke (COM): Building a Bank Resolution Fund Over tTime:
When Should Each Individual Bank Contribute?
· David Howarth: Political Economy of the New Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM)
· Michele Chang: The Rising Power of the ECB
11:15-13:00 Session 5: New Instruments and Institutions
· Gilbert, Niels: Towards a Stable Monetary Union: What Role for Eurobonds?
· Mathias Dolls: An Unemployment Insurance Scheme for the Euro Area
· Friedrich Heinemann: VIPS-Viable Insolvency Procedures for Sovereigns