- Soil biology and ecology
- Cropping systems and sustainable soil management
- Perennial wheat: impact on soil microbial health
- Since 04/2018: Research assistant in soil science, University of Trier
- 2014-2017: MSc. Environmental science, University of Trier. Focused on environmental Conservation and Resource Management. Master thesis title: Impact of different bio-energy crops and soil moisture conditions on soil microbiota.
- 2006-2011: Bachelor of Agriculture in Soil science, Obafemi Awolowo University, Osun state, Nigeria. Bachelor thesis title: Global Warming: Contribution of Microorganisms.
Ruf, Th.; Audu, V.; Holzhauser, K.; Emmerling, C. (2019): Bioenergy from periodically waterlogged cropland in Europe: A first assessment of the potential of five perennial energy crops to provide biomass and their interactions with soil. Agronomy 9, 374. doi:10.3390/agronomy9070374.