The Joseph A. Schumpeter Prize serves to promote and reward research work by particularly high-performing and motivated young academics at the University of Trier who have contributed to scientific knowledge in the core business areas of the Deutsche Bundesbank. This must be demonstrated by a publication in relevant scientific publications or an exceptional achievement in the context of a doctorate.
It is of central importance that this research work is closely related to the Deutsche Bundesbank's fields of activity, in particular (but not exclusively) to the areas of banking supervision, cash and non-cash payments, and financial stability.
The Joseph A. Schumpeter Prize is endowed with a total of €4,000 and may be split. The award is decided by a jury elected by the Council of Department IV, which includes representatives of various disciplines.
Conditions of participation
The submitted work has been published or accepted for publication in 2022 or 2023 (by the submission deadline; see below). If submitting a dissertation, the doctoral procedure has been completed in this period. Furthermore, the authors have a university degree (diploma, master's degree, doctorate), but should not yet have habilitated. Submissions of co-authored theses are possible. The prize can also be awarded to former employees of the University of Trier.
Suitable research papers must be submitted electronically to the chairman of the jury for the award of the Joseph A. Schumpeter Prize, Prof. Dr. Laszlo Goerke (firstname.lastname@example.org), by July 31, 2023. Furthermore, the jury asks for the sending of
- the first and second opinions in case of submission of a dissertation,
- the correspondence with the journal in which the paper was/will be published, including any (anonymous) review and revision requests, in case of submission of a journal article,
- the name of a reviewer (internal to the university) who could prepare an opinion on the submission,
- a curriculum vitae of the author of the submitted paper, and
- a short statement (max. 1 page) explaining how the submitted research relates to the Deutsche Bundesbank's fields of activity.