Erasmus logo colours


Erasmus logo and picture

The Department of English Studies has partner institutions in a variety of countries (see map below). Not all of the countries are English-speaking but all universities offer interesting academic perspectives for your studies (classes in English!) as well as contributing to your personal development. This page gives you information about our partner institutions who participate in Erasmus+, where you can benefit from the funding and support provided by the programme.

You can also find out more by joining our annual information session:

on Wednesday 31st January, 2024,

at 4.30 pm, in room A9/A10.  


Click here for ERASMUS info session slides

Click here for our CHECKLIST: Study Abroad Erasmus


Deadline for applications:

3rd March 2024 (for stays abroad between Sept 2024 - June 2025)

Submit your application documents via the online platform of the International Office.


ERASMUS+ Partner Universities

The Department of English Studies has exchange partners in a range of European countries. The information booklet below will give you more thorough information on which universities are available for an Erasmus+ exchange through our Department, the information you should consider before you apply, and how the application process works. If you have further questions you are welcome to contact the departmental Erasmus+/European Exchange Coordinators, Dr Britta Colligs and Ms Laura Witz (both at erasmusangluni-trierde), their assistant, Leia Hermesdorf (erasmusangluni-trierde), or the departmental study advisor, Dr B Kraft (kraftbuni-trierde). 

A note on Brexit / exchanges with the UK:  We have worked closely with our British partner universities to continue our exchange agreements now that the UK is no longer in the EU.  In almost all cases, our new agreements include comparable conditions to ERASMUS+ exchanges (e.g. no tuition fees, monthly stipend) – though these are subject to final approval, which we will have before you apply to your host university.

Another key difference is that you now need a passport (not just an ID card!) to enter the UK, plus a “Tier 4 Student Visa” (NOT the “short-term study visa”!) if you plan to stay there for longer than 6 months or if do not have EU citizenship. You can check visa requirements at


--> Click here for the (pdf): Dept. of English Studies Erasmus+ Information Booklet 2024


Map showing trier and the locations of our partner universities