Living and working in a country is a great way to get to know the country, get to know more about yourself, gain work experience for your resume or CV and improve your language skills.

UK & Ireland

Map and terminology of countries in British Isles

You can use standard job-search websites to look for internships and work placements, such as Indeed Ireland or Target Jobs UK. However, there are some organisations and sites that specialise in providing links to companies and organisations offering work-experience placements and/or seasonal work in Great Britain: 

Or in Ireland: 


The German Job Centre also offers information about working within the EU. 

For more individualised advice and support, you can contact an EURES Adviser: Trier has two advisers, who can provide information, advice and recruitment/placement (job-matching) services for the benefit of workers and employers as well as any citizen wishing to benefit from the principle of the free movement of persons.


Note that you will need a "T5 Temporary Worker" visa to do an internship or work placement in the UK. For more information, see here: Browse: Work in the UK - GOV.UK (

North America

If you're looking for a placement online, try to assess the seriousness of the platform and do not pay extortionate fees just to see job adverts! A good platform for finding jobs or work placements will always list the conditions for the internships, and you should pay attention to the time frames (start/end dates), whether the placement is paid or unpaid, whether the company will help you find accommodation and apply for a visa, etc. These serious internet websites contain listings of internships in a variety of fields; from journalism, publishing, tourism to marketing, public relations and many more:

1. - Help with writing resumes and cover letters is available here, too. They also provide links to other websites listing internships (however these are often subscription sites).