Study UK Webinar Programme

Study UK is delivered by the British Council and is the UK’s national campaign to promote the UK as a first-choice study destination to students all over the world. Study UK is delivered in partnership with the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign, which encourages people to visit, invest, and study in the UK.

They are hosting a series of webinars for anyone interested in studying in the UK post-Brexit. 

Part I "Study UK: The essentials" offers an overview of key topics all about organising a stay in the UK as a student, and what to expect on the paperwork side of things. These webinars run from 4th  - 8th October 2021. 

Join a webinar - Study UK: The essentials (


Flyer: Study UK Essentials 4 - 8 October

Part II "Study UK: Meet the universities" runs 14th - 25th February 2022 is a chance to get in touch with over 50 universities around the UK and ask questions about degree programmes, entry requirements, student finance, and any other topics you'd like to ask about. You can use the live chat box to communicate directly with colleagues from the universities, or arrange individual video conferences. 

You can find a list of the participating universities here: Home - Study UK: The essentials (

Note that these events are externally organised and not all of the participating universites are partners of Trier University.


ERASMUS+ Partner Universities

The Department of English Studies has partner institutions in a variety of countries (see map below). Not all of the countries are English-speaking but all universities offer interesting academic perspectives for your studies (classes in English!) as well as contributing to your personal development. This page gives you information about our partner institutions who particpate in Erasmus+, where you can benefit from the funding and support provided by the programme.

Note that, despite Brexit, the UK will continue to participate in the Erasmus+ programme until summer 2022. However, you will need a passport to enter the UK, and a “student visa” if you stay there for longer than 6 months. You can check the visa information here: For the time after summer 2022, we aim to create separate agreements with our UK partner universities that offer you comparable conditions to Erasmus+ exchanges (e.g. no tuition fees!); the difference is that your stipend would then come from a different programme (DAAD Promos). 

The information booklet below will give you more thorough information on which universities are available for an Erasmus+ exchange through the Department of English Studies for 2021/22, the information you should consider before you apply, and how the application process works. If you have further questions you are welcome to contact the departmental Erasmus+/European Exchange Coordinator, Mrs C Maas (cmmaasuni-trierde), her assistant, Magda Miksch (, or the departmental study advisor, Dr B Kraft (kraftbuni-trierde). 

Dept. of English Studies Erasmus+ Information Booklet 2021


Map showing Trier at centre and possible partner universities around Europe


After you have been selected and nominated for one of our partner universities, you will need to fill in a "Learning Agreement". This is where you list the classes you intend to take abroad, and what you wish to have acreditted on your return. See here for an example. Mrs Maas can help you to decide which classes are suitable for you and roughly equivalent to what you would need to take in Trier. We are generally fairly lenient in our understanding of what is 'equivalent' as we see value in spending time abroad, beyond merely collecting credit points. Nonetheless, as a rule of thumb, to get a linguistics or literature class acreditted in Trier, you need to attend a linguistics or literature class at your host university. The credit points and topics of the classes are most important; not the modes of assessment. Before you make an appointment to discuss this with Mrs Maas, draw up a rough list of classes from your host university which interest you and are  appropriate in their topics and level of study. 

Once you have returned from your time abroad and have received your transcript from your host university, you will need to complete an 'Antrag auf Annerkennung von bisher erbrachten Leistungen' which can be found, alongside other information and instructions, on the website of the FBII Dekanat. You will need to submit your Learning Agreement to show which classes should be acreditted, and all documents should be submitted to the Dekanat of FBII. With any questions, please contact Mrs Maas or Dr Bettina Kraft.