Bachelor and Master: BA and MA, BEd and MEd
BA and MA: students can combine a Hauptfach and a Nebenfach in two different subjects (e.g. English HF and French NF). A Kernfach/1-Fach is full-time study in one subject area.
BEd and MEd: students combine two school subjects (e.g. English and French) with educational studies.
Please note that all our courses are taught in English. However, enrolment to most of our degree schemes (all except two, cf. below) is currently subject to the same rules as for German-speaking degree schemes in other departments. As a consequence, prospective students from abroad will require proof of German language skills (e.g. by taking the DSH-exam – "Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang").
At the moment, we are offering these degree programmes:
- Bachelor English Language and Linguistics (Nebenfach)
- Bachelor English Language and Literature (Nebenfach)
- Bachelor of Arts English Language, Linguistics and Literature (Hauptfach)
- Master of Arts English Linguistics (Hauptfach) (further info)
- Master English Linguistics (Nebenfach)
- Master of Arts English Literature (Hauptfach) (further info)
- Master English Literature (Nebenfach)
- Master of Arts English Literatures and Media (1-Fach) (further info) (no proof of German language skills required)
- Master of Arts North American Studies: USA and Canada (1-Fach) (no proof of German language skills required)
In addition, we are offering the following teaching degrees:
- Bachelor of Education Englisch (Lehramtsfach)
- Master of Education Realschule Englisch (Lehramtsfach)
- Master of Education Gymnasium Englisch (Lehramtsfach)
Please follow the links to find more information about the respective degree programme.
The "Fachprüfungsordnungen" for the Bachelor and Master courses can be found here: