We are happy to inform you about all questions concerning your bachelor and master studies in business administration. Furthermore, we are the best contact point for all minor students. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask us during our consultation hours or send us an e-mail.
The team of the Student Advisory Service hopes to be able to help you and wishes you success in your studies of Business Administration at the University of Trier.
- The program is currently not subject to an admission restriction. A minimum grade is not required (as of September 2022).
- Good foreign language skills in English are taken for granted in business studies. The Language Center of Trier University offers language courses for all students of the university. The subject BWL offers all students a subject-specific foreign language training (FFA) in English and Chinese. Useful link:
► FFA page of the faculty IV of the University of Trier
- The subject of business administration does not offer any preparing courses such as mathematics.
- The examination regulations do not provide for mandatory internships. Nevertheless, internships are important to get a first insight into the future working world. Students organize their internships themselves. Often professors inform about offers by means of a notice, the student secretariat supports the organization, e.g. when applying for a semester off.
- However, according to the General Examination Regulations for Master's degree programs, you must have completed at least 150 ECTS in your Bachelor's degree program at the time of application (as of September 2022).
- A bachelor's degree with a total of at least 180 ECTS in business administration, economics or economics is required.
- An application is also possible with a Bachelor's degree in a subject with an economic orientation (such as business mathematics, business informatics, business law...) or with a minor in business administration, economics or economics, provided that at least 40 ECTS in economic subjects can be proven.
- All subjects from the field of
Business administration (e.g. general business administration, controlling, marketing, accounting, human resources...) and
Economics (e.g. general economics, labor economics...)
- In principle, enrollment is possible with a Bachelor's average grade of 2.0 according to § 2 para. 1 Subject Examination Regulations (as of September 2022)
- If your bachelor's average grade is in the range of 2.1 to 2.7, enrollment is possible if you can prove 20 ECTS in methodological subjects.
- These include, for example, mathematics, statistics, empirical social research, econometrics, game theory, decision theory... - due to the variety of terms on degree certificates, there cannot be an exhaustive list.
- The average grade of your Bachelor's degree will not be improved by a waiting period.