Study at Trier University


You can study at Trier University as a short-term student (FreeMover) for a maximum of 2 semesters, provided you are still properly enrolled at another university abroad.

This option is particularly interesting if your home university has not concluded an exchange agreement with Trier University.

Here you can find information about applying as a Freemover.

Get inspired by the variety of courses at Trier University! You can choose from a wide offer of courses to complement your studies and beyond with a German perspective according to your expectations. The ECTS coordinators in the different subjects can help you choose the right courses in your department. In addition, there is a wide range of integration offers.


Available study programmes
List of all available courses and their recognition in bachelor’s and master’s degrees

Student Advice Service for International Students
Take advantage of the general and subject related advice and support for international students.

Integration Service
As an international student, you will quickly feel at home at Trier University.