All Applicants to ETMs have to provide a proof of their English language proficiency.
A MOI (mode of instruction) letter/paper is not sufficient.
Applicants must prove their English language proficiency level C1, based on the Common European Framework through one of the following tests. The test must have been taken within the last three years:
- TOEFL (Code 9208): at least 215 points (computer based) or 550 points (paper based) or 80 points (internet based) Institutional Test report (not the Test Taker Score Report)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- IELTS / IELTS Academic Online (at least 6.0 points)
- UNIcert III (common certificate at European Universities)
Equivalent to one of the tests is proof of:
- Native speaker coming from Great Britain, North Ireland, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Malta
- Two years of full time study in an English taught program, undertaken within the past two years, in one of these countries: Great Britain, North Ireland, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Malta.
- At least 5 school years of English in secondary education and at least 5 points in English at "Abitur" level (only Germany and Luxembourg)