[Translate to Englisch:] Mitzubringende Dokumente

Official Administration: All international scientists

You are required to bring the following documents to Germany as you will need them for official business: 

  • your CV
  • copies of your academic certificates
  • 4 copies of your passport or identity card
  • 2 biometric passport photo
  • if available: 1 certificate by your local health insurance on your health insurance coverage
  • if you need a Visa for Germany: 2 copies of your visa
  • if you do have extern funding: 1 attestation of funding in German or English, with the amount of funding OR a proof of financial resources for secured means of support
  • if you have accompanying family: certificate of marriage, certificates of birth

Health Care: Individual Needs

Persons with chronic diseases or psychologial issues should additionally pay attention to the following:

  • Medication:

    If you need to take specific medication, please check early if they are readily available in Germany. Make sure that you bring along sufficient medication. Contact your physician and if necessary the customs authority (import provisions!).

  • Medical or psychological treatment:
    If you are suffering from a chronic disease or if you need psychological treatment during your stay, please inform us as early as possible not later than receiving the admission letter in order to take appropriate precautions together. Medical care in Trier is good, however, getting an appointment with medical specialists can take quite long and we want to make sure that you will get the necessary medical treatment from the beginning. You may rest assured that this information will be treated in strict confidence.