The SIAM student Chapter of Trier is formed by PhD-Students of the Department of Mathematics at the University of Trier.
The specific purposes are:
- to provide a persistent framework to support the Chapter member’s research,
- to further the application of mathematics to industry and science,
- to keep contact to other young researcher or to former PhD-students.
Our activities include:
- Talks by the members of the SIAM Student Chapter about their research,
- Lectures provided by faculty members to present their field of research, by PhD-students of other universities and by other math-related workers in industry and economy,
- Field trips to math-related research institutions or to other interesting companies in industry or economy.
- Workshops on applied mathematics
Further members, who are engaged or interested in mathematics or computing and their applications are very welcome!