Application to English-taught Master Programmes
English Language test required:
Potential students for degree programmes in English must prove that they have sufficent language skills in English. The following documents are accepted as proof:
TOEFL test 215 (computer based); 550 (paper based); 80 (internet based)
Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
Exempted from the obligation to provide these English language skills through a test are:
- Applications whose native language is English
- Applicants with a minimum of two years of study in an English speaking country, within the last two years before application for admission.
The proof of German language skills is not necessary.
Please check the information available on the webpage of the relevant Master programme.
The application documents for international applicants can be found here:
Admission Office of Trier University
The University of Trier charges a fee of 50,00 € as processing fee. The application will only be processed when the fee has been verifiably transfered to the university’s account and all required documents have been submitted.
|Schillerstr. 9, 55019 Mainz/Germany|
Name of the Bank:
DE47 5451 0067 0229 760673
Please note that all bank fees are the responsibility of the sender.
Please send a copy of your payment receipt with your application form.
The following groups of applicants are exempt from the application fee:
- Scholarship holders who receive their scholarship from a German or international institution, e.g. DAAD, Fulbright Commission
- Non degree-seeking applicants who wish to study at Trier University for a limited period of time in the framework of a bi- or multilateral exchange program, e.g. within the ERASMUS program, the ISEP program or bilateral exchange agreements
- PhD Candidates who wish to enroll as PhD students and hold a letter of acceptance as PhD candidate issued by a professor of Trier University
- Applicants who have been previously enrolled at Trier University and wish to continue their studies in the same subject
- Applicants enrolled at a German higher education institution wishing to continue their studies in the same subject at the University of Trier and having successfully completed the intermediate exam (“Zwischenprüfung”) or 3 semesters and a minimum of 80 credit points of a Bachelor program
- Applicants whose foreign certificates have already been validated by one of the German federal states’ validation offices (not by higher education institutions)
For all questions related to the admission process and the application documents, please contact the Admission Office of Trier University:
Room V 26
Room V 27
|International applicants whose family name starts with: A-L||International applicants whose family name starts with: M-Z|